Tuesday 24 September 2013

Day One of re-feeding begins! ARGH =S

Well, here it goes. If this approach to things doesn't work out then I don't really know what will. I would have then tried everything to get back on track and my head not being that much fixed. It's just such a scary concept which I had not really acknowledged or considered, that - this is me - but actually, its not - but it is. I know, head mush but it makes sense to me. 

So I start today.


I am expecting my waitrose delivery to come this morning and somewhere between 9am-11am. First thing in the morning to get it out of the way and stop me getting too anxious as I will be the only one in the house as both parents and brother are at work. Righty oh. I get on it like sonic only to sort myself out and put on something to wear.

I sat in the lounge all quiet and quaint with no distractions surrounding me. Just me and a good old book to be reading along with a good view from where I am sat out of my window to watch the shopping van pull over.

10am - IT'S HERE. Oooh, time to put on my brave face!

It was a gentleman who knocked on my front door who offered to take the various bags of shopping through to the kitchen. "Well then, just sign on the line if your happy with the substitutions." which I was indeed very happy and off he left. "Have a lovely rest of your morning/day".

Time to take a look at the goodies - only all organic stuff - no crap stuffed into it =] Hopefully if I look at food at another aspect to the one currently and see potentially 'old bad foods' as 'healthy good foods' as they are organic I can start to recover without so much guilt. It's worth a shot.


All shopping has been sorted and into its rightful place.


Time to sort out my evening meal preparations - Tandoori Prawns, altered due to having some leftover prawns laying in the fridge and saving the fresh lean organic chicken breast for another meal.


Here's what I did:


Ingredients

Juice half a lemon
1/4 tsp paprika
1 small red onion, finely chopped
80g ready cooked prawns

For the marinade

50g non-fat greek yogurt
1 garlic clove, finely sliced (I do not own a crusher)
3/4 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric

Method

1. Mix the lemon juice with the paprika and red onions in a large shallow dish. Set aside for 10 mins.

2. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and pour over the prawns. Give everything a good mix, then cover and chill for at least 1 hr. This can be done up to a day in advance.


This was adapted from the recipe on the BBC GOOD FOOD website and is for TANDOORI CHICKEN



All done for this part until ready to cook later =] Ahh. Time for a nice hot cup of green tea to warm me up!
I take a look at 'The weekly plan!' What's for dinner?
Apparently taking a look at things I have selected 'Quark salad sandwich' with a questionable 'British apple'.
Now, you would think this would be a fairly safe option, but for me it is quite a challenge due to simply what this represents. Its a fat free alternative to cream cheese, and hence just the name 'cheese' makes me believe I should put it into the 'bad foods' category in my head. But logically, it's FINE! Some good old healthy protein. Just keep remembering this Bee!

I have never been too keen on sandwiches and bread and much prefer toast - and so I decided to have a toasted Quark salad (carrot, cucumber, tomato and rocket) sandwich. Not forgetting a touch of grounded pepper to taste =] (something which my brother has only just recently discovered once I had recommended it for him to try! haha)

TahDah. Bon Appetite...
Quark Salad Toasted (a bit too much) Sandwich

 I sat down with my mother to eat this 'change' of a meal and I think she is proud of me for pursuing through and not coping out to have something I would consider to be safe and familiar. A small step, but one which I feel has given me a tad of confidence. =]

TANDOORI PRAWNS

Well after allowing my marinade to infuse with my prawns it was time to skewer them! 
I soaked 4 wooden skewers to prevent burning and threaded on prawns, courgette, peppers and pineapple wedges. Popped them onto a baking tray and placed in a preheated oven at 200'C for around 15 - 20 mins. 
Served with a side of organic green giant sweetcorn, curly kale and organic baby new potatoes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment