Thursday 27 February 2014

Baking treat... Lemon Brownies / Lemonies!








Cakey Lemon Bar "Brownies" / "Lemonies" – Inspired from the 'Bakergirl' site and "Rita's Recipes'

Ingredients

Brownies
3/4 cup (113g) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (147g) granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (113g) butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Lemon Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest

METHOD

1. Preheat oven to 180'C. (I used the small top oven) Line a 8-by-8-inch (20.5 x 20.5 cm) baking dish with cooking grease-proof paper and set aside. 

2. Zest and juice one large lemon; set aside.

3. In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachement, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined. (the butter was still hard so i placed into the oven on the lowest setting for 2 mins) 

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Pour into the flour mixture and beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. 

5. Pour into baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before glazing.

6. When brownies are cooled completely, make the glaze by whisking together all three ingredients. Spread over the brownies with a rubber spatula or tilt the pan until the surface is covered. I created some guidelines using a template printed from my computer, cut the brownie into bars.

Serve!


Notes

I left the brownie in the kitchen for my mum to try in her own time. When I came back to the kitchen, I returned to an ¼ eaten brownie and a glance of mischief! =] 


"Well, I think it’s rather nice Bee”

“I think it is a very good recipe, better than the lemon drizzle cake recipe which I find quite sweet; but this is just perfect!”

I offered my dad a little petite square for him to try and then left him to see what he would say. He came through to the kitchen to say ... 

“Wow Bee, that was very nice, am I allowed another square?”

Definitely a keeper of a recipe =] 

No comments:

Post a Comment