Monday 16 September 2013

My new clean alchemist kitchen approach to all things baking.... and healthy!

Well, it has been too long. I have spent so many hours of my day dreaming, thinking and generally being too tired but wanting to share my love for baking healthy goodies and wanting to share my experiences with like minded people; cause to be truthfully honest, not many people I am around share my love and I feel at most quite isolated. So this is my attempt to do what I love and hope you follow and enjoy also =] ... Oh, and nice to meet you =]

So. here it goes, and may I introduce you to one recipe I had come across in my local newspaper written by a girl I feel I can totally relate to in terms of our train of thought; into how to go about this whole 'recovery' business. 
It was a truely inspiring article about this strong, powerful girl called 'Nicky' who I quote "I knew I had to eat to stay alive so I started to think about how I could make it more pleasurable. I had foods I felt safe with, like, nuts, fruits and vegetables, so I looked at the different ways I could cook with them." - Wow, I was blown away as this is exactly my ethos as to how I felt I could manage this eating disorder to successfully and gradually gain weight. 
She too has become a food blogger to which I only feel right to help promote this site; www.kabochafashionista.com - check it out.

One of the recent recipes I have tried which was presented to me in this local paper and discovered by Nicky is one for

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
makes 6 cookies

Ingredients
1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 Cup flour (she quotes using 70g oat flour which is made up from 70g of oats grounded up in a food processor; but it is also okay to use all purpose flour or spelt)
1/8 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp baking soda (not baking powder)
2 tbsp brown sugar (do not substitute with white)
1 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp peanut butter
1-2 tbsp non-dairy milk
1/3 Cup chocolate chips (optional)

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 375'F, 190'C, gas mark 5.
2. Mix all your dry ingredients, then add in the wet ones.
3. Form cookies and bake for 6-7 minutes.
4. Take them out when they are still a little underdone - they'll continue to cook on the baking sheet and you don't want them to go hard.
5. Leave to cool then serve.

Well, I thought I had taken a picture - but I cant seem to find it - but they came out pretty crumbly. Some perhaps alterations need to be made but nevertheless they tasted divine! =] - thanks Nicky =]
x




  

No comments:

Post a Comment