Monday 23 September 2013

My attempt at making mini cinnamon sugar muffin doughnuts

Okay, so I failed at my initial intention to denote this blog to all things good, healthy and vegan, yet I wanted to make my mother something nice for her to come home to after a long hard day at work. I searched a blog I have recently stumbled upon Averie Cooks; displaying a unique collection of many experimental creations which is just something I would love to explore for myself. 

I stuck to the recipe instructions yet was all out of buttermilk and so I used normal semi skimmed dairy milk (mother isn't a vegan!) So here it is, the final product...



and not forgetting the 'close up' shot =]


All in all, after my mother trying one, I was surprised about the texture of these mini 'things'. It is true that they are somewhere in between a muffin and doughnut in terms of texture, but she liked it. "They're cute little bite size treats" =]
I wasn't brave enough to try one as they are not 'vegan' but perhaps I could do a tad of tweeking =]




   

No comments:

Post a Comment