Friday 27 September 2013

Supper; Challenge day two

Easy Baked Fish 
On the menus I had devised for myself I had ticked the boxes for this along with mixed veg and new potatoes.
This would usually be a bit of a head spiral for me thinking of having both breaded fish with potatoes which would be quite rare in a full meal, but I did it! And without thinking and without caring to be perfectly honest! I just enjoyed it. Yeah it may have been a healthier way to what technically I should be having but its a step by no means which I am proud of. 

Youngs frozen cod defrosted then coated in its breadcrumbs and baked. Served with mixed veg (sweetcorn, broccoli, curly kale and tomatoes & lettuce), Org new potatoes.

Just a little close up =]

Easy Baked Fish - adapted from the cooking light website

Ingredients

  • 1 Frozen cod fillet, defrosted
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice 
  • 1 tablespoon non-fat yogurt
  • 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper 
  • 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs

  • Preparation
  • Preheat oven to 190°C.
  • Place fish in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Combine lime juice, yogurt, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl, and spread over fish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley.

  • Notes: Adjust the baking time depending on the thickness of the fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment