Today is another anxious day in meal prep but one I have planned so it should be okay =/
On todays menu we have:
Mini fish pies,
served with mixed vegetables (sweetcorn, peas, cauli, carrots and broccoli)
|Mini Fish pie; topping of mash and a dash of cottage cheese - fear food! =/|
|Salmon, cod and prawn filling.|
The secret ingredient: Covent garden Smoked haddock chowder!
Mini fish pie - Courtesy of delicious magazine
- 600g carton New Covent Garden Food Co. Smoked Haddock Chowder
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (I used a frozen fillet due to being cheaper than fresh)
- 50g large prawns
- 450g Organic potatoes, peeled and chopped in half
- dash of cottage cheese
- 1. Heat the chowder in a saucepan on the hob. Add the salmon fillets (add them any way you like, thawed or still frozen), just make sure to break up the fillets into large chunks, and simmer until heated through.
- 2. Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes more. Spoon the mixture between 2 x 500ml pie dishes or small ramekins.
- 3. Boil water in a steamer and add the potatoes. Cook for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Dry out the potatoes in a saucepan and then mash with a dash of pepper. (I omitted milk and butter in this case). Fill a piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle and pipe on top of the fish and scatter over cottage cheese.
- 4. Bake in the oven on 180'C for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed seasonal greens and veg.