Wednesday 2 October 2013

Friday supper






Vegetarian casserole - Courtesy of BBC Good Food
Well, I wasn't really in the mood for cooking on friday but I managed to get up this morning and prepare this mix of flavours to which I have to say the smells given off were extremely lovely and fragrant to say the least.
I usually do fishy friday for most weeks but I guess I wanted to challenge myself to making a change to the norm as often I get myself a bit stuck in a rut sometimes with not diverging from a specific food/recipe.

So here it is, sorry but not the best photos, I will improve as I get more experience with this blogging malarkey =]





Adapted Vegetable Casserole recipe:


  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, sliced
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 2 medium carrots, sliced 
  • 2 medium sticks celery, finely sliced 
  • 1/2 red pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
  • 1 x 400g tins tomatoes
  • 250ml vegetable stock cube
  • 1 courgettes, sliced thickly 
  • pinch of dried thyme
  • 250g cooked lentils 

Method:



  1. Add the onions and cook gently for 5 – 10 mins until softened.
  2. Add the garlic, spices, dried thyme, carrots, celery and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
  3. Add the tomatoes, stock, courgettes and fresh thyme and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
  4. Stir in the lentils and bring back to a simmer. 

I served this meal on a bed of steamed kale with green beans and carrots and made Sweet potato wedges. I fancied a mushroom also so popped one of those into the steamer also =]










No comments:

Post a Comment