Wednesday 13 November 2013

Challenge breakfast! - 'Overnight Oats'

I did it. Another challenge accomplished of trying a recipe I often come across whilst reading various blogs for 'Overnight oats'. After doing some research online it didn't take me too long to find a simple recipe for this very adaptable breakfast meal.



Overnight Oats
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Jumbo rolled oats
1/2 Cup water (In this case I used coconut water)
1/2 Cup skimmed milk (Instead I substituted for extra coconut water)
1 Tbsp Chia seeds/flaxmeal
1 Tbsp Craisins
selection of berries.

1. Into my breakfast bowl I added 1/2 cup of organic oats with Coconut water, chia seeds, craisins.

2. Left overnight covered in the fridge.

3. As it was chilly in the morning I tried heating this bowl of oats in the microwave for a few minutes until heated through. Topped with some warm blueberries and cinnamon.

Quite a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment