Wednesday 20 November 2013

Challenge Lunch - POPCORN

I planned this Sunday to challenge myself in trying something completely different and new which I wouldn't usually have for my lunch. However, I tried to reassure myself that it is the healthy version.
I bring to you my lunch of... 

Microwave Popcorn with Cinnamon and pomegranate - adapted from the blog 'Squawkfox' for 'microwave popcorn in a brown paper bag'



1. Get a brown paper bag; no name flat-bottomed brown paper lunch bags.

2. Add a 1/2 cup scoop of bulk popcorn kernels to your brown paper bag.

3. Fold the bag over twice. Don’t use staples to secure the bag — this might spark in your microwave.

4. Stick the popcorn bag into your microwave. I set mine for 3 minutes on high.

Popping Tip: Stop the microwave when the popping slows to one to two pops per second. You don’t want to burn your tasty snack.

5. Add gourmet topping; here I tried a sprinkle of organic honey, cinnamon and pomegranate seeds. Lovely and light =]

No comments:

Post a Comment