Wednesday 20 November 2013

What a busy day! Finished with supper of Tandoori Fish

Today was one of those 'Sign days' for me.

This morning I had my contemplation group at the hospital which for some reason I feel really apprehensive about. I am not sure why but I just had a really bad feeling that I had said a comment - well more of a compliment- to a other member of the group in hope to try and support her but I think she didn't take it too well. She is such a lovely girl and I just feel so bad that she may have taken my compliment not very well =[
My head is now playing havoc with me; I shouldn't have said anything! I should have kept my stupid mouth closed. I hoped she would be okay in this last week gone by but I am not so certain. I just feel it.

I got to the hospital only to wait in the waiting room to bump into Katie who was on the ward before with me having a catch up session. It was lovely to see her but I feel embarassed as I think she can tell by my appearance that I am struggling a tad ATM. I couldn't stop to chat as I was whisked away to be weighed and sat down in the group room with the other girls. 
Apparently my superstitions were correct. Shirley the group co-ordinator sat us down to notify all that during the past week she had heard that various clients had been trying to get in contact after the hard group last week. And as expected, the girl I left a compliment to said she had one of her worst weeks! I felt terrible! How could I make someone feel that way!? It's just not like me to be that way and now I felt shit. I didn't allow myself to talk in the group for the whole session in fear that I would say something else to make the situation worst =[ No-one had said that it was what I had said or anything but I guess I am just paranoid to believe that it is me and my big unhelpful mouth.

After group my mum had to go to the dentist at 12.00 for a filling so I needed to leave quite promptly. On leaving, not surprisingly did I bump into another lovely client I have met in the ward, Emily! It was so lovely to see her but it was a shame that I had to dash off. She was also having a conversation with nurse Mel so I didn't want to interrupt.

I do love going to the dentist as I was able to spend some time reading the lovely inspiring 'home and living' magazines. Getting myself inspiration as to all the beautiful creations about.

Went home to meet my brother who had coincidentally been to the dentist also today but is now back home to have dinner with us.

I had a bowl of lovely, warming tomato soup which I had frozen from a previous batch. Mum also had the same due to having a rather numb mouth! (Heniz one though!)

Next, I moved speedily onto the next errand of the day. To pick up my prescription from the doctors next to my Nan. 
It was ready however apparently the maufacturers of forceval are no longer making this soluble tablet so I will need to ask the doctor for an alternative. 
Popped into my nans hoping for a short visit which ended up being longer than I had wanted as I wanted to pop into Rajanis to pick up some things needed to store my baking products.
It was just Papa at home and just as we were leaving after dropping off some items both my aunties had purchased from John Lewis, my Nan turned up from her meal out; this delayed things further and I was feeling slightly irritable.

Got to rajani's. No luck finding a cake storing device. I guess the one I saw in TK MAXX will be the best one to purchase which is oblong and quite multifunctional.
I left with two icing nozzles, tupperwear containers and grease-proof paper.  
I got home and got straight on to baking my puzzle cookies I had cut out the evening before.
Oh pants, they didn't seem to fit quite as neatly as I had hoped for so I trimmed around each puzzle piece to make them fit (accidentally breaking two puzzles which will need to be re-cut from my remaining dough and baked to replace those broke). 

Finally completed this errand - now onto Supper!

So, Today I had planned to have a recipe I have created before for 'Tandoori Prawns' (but adapted from the recipe for tandoori chicken), however similar to the situation last time the chicken was frozen and my family were having fish so I decided to alter it once again to have 'Tandoori Cod fillet'. 


Tandoori Cauliflower


Tandoori Cod with Tandoori cauliflower and pineapple -adapted from the recipe on the BBC GOOD FOOD website and is for TANDOORI CHICKEN

Ingredients
Juice half a lemon
1/4 tsp paprika
1 small red onion, finely chopped
80g ready cooked prawns
For the marinade

150g non-fat greek yogurt
1 garlic clove, finely sliced (I do not own a crusher)
2/4 tsp garam masala
2/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp hot chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric

Method

1. I got out a frozen piece of cod and placed this into the microwave to defrost for about 5 mins. I transferred the piece of cod into a small bowl and set to one side. 

2. Mix the lemon juice with the paprika and red onions in a small glass jar. Spoon over the fish a tad of this mixture and set aside for 10 mins.

3. Mix into the remaining lemon mixture in the glass jar the rest of all of the marinade ingredients together and pour some over the cod to cover. Give everything a good mix, then cover and chill for at least 1 hr. This can be done up to a day in advance.

4. To cook, I placed the piece of cod onto a piece of foil and popped it under the grill for 8 minutes (high, 200'C). Flipped the fish over after the 8 mins and cooked for a further 8 mins.

* Using the tandoori marinade, I decided to use up a couple of cauliflower florets leftover in the fridge and coated it all over; popping it into a preheated oven set to 200'C for 8 mins and then under the grill once the fish went  under.
*Also added some leftover fresh pineapple chunks under the grill for the last 8 mins.

I served this dish with and additional:
30g Bulgar wheat
Some tandoori marinade
1 carrot, juilenne
handful frozen green beans
handful of spinach
1 green pepper
1 celery stick
handful of frozen broccoli

1. Boil some water in the kettle and pour over the bulgur and cover until all the water has absorbed. Add to the bulgur the julienne carrot and mix it all together. Add a touch of the tandoori marinade to the bulgur and mix. Heat in the microwave on high for 2 mins or so until liquid has absorbed further.

2. Steam the vegetables until cooked, adding the spinach for the last few minutes.

2. Served in a pasta bowl. 
Spinach topped with peppers and celery, bulgur mixture, then the cooked fish from the grill with spices, then the fresh pineapple scattered on top. Top finally with the lovely veggies.

YUM!

Next time I want to follow the proper recipe for this 'Tandoori Cauliflower' I had seen on a lovely blog called 'Lemony Thyme' - Tandoori cauliflower 
This recipe uses a different spice blend but very similar to the one brought to me by the BBC GOOD FOOD website.

No comments:

Post a Comment