Thursday 16 January 2014

Freezer meal challenge... Spicy Quinoa with cod and cabbage wraps

I had no energy this evening to know what I should prepare myself this evening for supper. Therefore to prevent the anxiety I opted to have a 'challenge' by attempting to try one of my meals I had made a while back but kept in the freezer; this was for the Spicy Cajun Cod Quinoa which I had posted the recipe of a while back in November 2013.

Spicy Cajun Cod Quinoa - additions made to the leftovers in the freezer

1 tsp Paprika 
1/2 red pepper, sliced

Serving with:
'Cabbage wraps' - The outer cabbage leaves wilted in the microwave. 
Once reheated the quinoa in the sauce pan with peppers I place a spoonful of the mixture into a wrap and topped with some grated carrot and wrapped. Into some I used up some leftover tuna drizzled with apple cider vinegar and wrapped this up.
I placed these wraps into a glass casserole dish and then into the oven to keep warm.
I then served up the leftovers of the quinoa on the side and then added a side of broccoli florets, green beans and sliced carrots. 
Topped with rocket.



No comments:

Post a Comment