Wednesday 2 October 2013

Moroccan Fish One-pot - The unplanned meal starting the week

Well, I again left it to the last minute before I decided what I wanted to make for supper as I had been far too sleepy and lethargic in the day to organise myself in the way I should. But I guess I suprised myself to just quickly have a glance over to the BBC Good Food website to be shown the feature recipe for Moroccan Chicken one pot
I didn't have any chicken to use up but I instead adapted the recipe to exchange my protein source for a frozen piece of white cod.
I had a butternut squash laying in the fridge for a whole week now and so as it wasn't planned for anything in particular I went for this dish. 
The smells filling the kitchen were amazing and I couldn't wait to try this out =]



Moroccan Fish One-Pot - Courtesy of BBC Good Food

1 Frozen cod fillet, thawed
1 onions, 1/2 roughly chopped, 1/2 sliced
50g tomatoes
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon
1/2 large butternut squash, deseeded and cut into big chunks
300ml chicken stock
1 tbsp Agave nectar
1 tbsp red wine 
50g dried Apricots, roughly chopped

1. Whizz the chopped onion, tomatoes and garlic into a rough paste. Cook the sliced onion in the saucepan until softened, then add the spices and fry for 1 min more until fragrant. Add the paste and fry for another few mins to soften.

2. Add squash, stock, agave and wine. Bring to a simmer, then cook for 30 mins until the veg is cooked through. Stir in the apricots, then continue simmering the sauce to thicken.

3. Serve the stew on a bed of spianch, green beans and juilenne carrots and topped with cooked cod fillet and bulgur wheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment