Saturday 12 October 2013

Skinny egg white omelette with spinach, mushroom, peppers, onions and tomato




I was a tad apprehensive when I came across this recipe courtesy of 'Eat yourself skinny' as I had previously tried out one of these egg white omelette things before and it just didn't seem to work out. However this time I had rummage through my kitchen cupboards to discover a handy little dish - the glass casserole lid. It was just the perfect shape for this dish! So I had some optimism as I got stuck into this recipe. 

Egg white omelette - courtesy of 'Eat yourself skinny'
3 egg whites
Cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 green pepper, sliced
1 red onion
Handful of spinach
2 cherry tomatoes, sliced

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 200'C
2. Add the onion and pepper to the glass dish and microwave on high until soften - about 3 mins. Add the mushrooms and spinach and heat for a further 1 minute.
3. Remove from the microwave and add the 3 egg whites. Top with the tomatoes and season with pepper. Bake in the oven for 17 mins or until the egg is cooked.
4. I decided to serve this dish with some carrot slices and a bed of lettuce leaves, oh and a 200ml snap pot of good ol' heinz reduced sugar baked beans. 

Lovely and tasty =]

No comments:

Post a Comment