My 'From the top of my head' Bulgar wheat lunch salad
25g Bulgar wheat
1/2 oxo vegetable stock cube, made up to 200ml
cup red cabbage, shredded
2 egg whites, cooked in the microwave
wedge of cucumber
few lettuce leaves
1. In a saucepan add the veg stock and heat to a boil and then a rolling simmer and leave for a few mins until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, cook the egg whites in the microwave.
3. Add the shredded red cabbage to the bulgar wheat before all the liquid had absorbed and heat for a further few mins until this has wilted slightly.
4. Chop the egg white into chuncks and add to the saucepan to which due to the pigment present in the red cabbage, it will ultimately turn the egg from white to an obscure greeny blue colour. But don't fear! It is safe to eat! =]
5. Mix everything together in the saucepan and add cucumber. Transfer to serving bowl on top of a bed of lettuce.
season with pepper to taste. I topped with rocket leaves also.